Advertencia: ¡Últimos artículos en inventario!
|Autores||Manuel Matos Fernandes|
Analysis and design of geotechnical structures combines, in a single endeavor, a textbook to assist students in understanding the behavior of the main geotechnical works and a guide for practising geotechnical engineers, designers, and consultants. The subjects are treated in line with limit state design, which underpins the Eurocodes and most North America design codes.
Instructors and students will value innovative approaches to numerous issues refined by the experience of the author in teaching generations of enthusiastic students. Professionals will gain from its comprehensive treatment of the topics covered in each chapter, supplemented by a plethora of informative material used by consultants and designers.
For the benefit of both academics and professionals, conceptual exercises and practical geotechnical design problems are proposed at the end of most chapters. A final annex includes detailed resolutions of the exercises and problems.
1. Geotechnical characterization: In situ testing.
2. Overall Stability of Soil Masses
3. Basis of Geotechnical Design
4. Consolidation theories and delayed settlements in clay
5. Earth Pressure Theories
6. Shallow Foundations
7. Pile Foundations
8. Earth-Retaining Structures
9. Stability and Stabilization of Natural Slopes
10. Introduction to Earthworks: Soil Compaction